Wills and Probate deals with the processes of making a will before death, and the winding up of the affairs of a person after death. A will or testament is a legal declaration by which a person, the testator, names one or more persons to manage his/her estate and provides for the transfer of his/her property at death.
Probate refers to the legal process of administering the estate of a deceased person by resolving all claims and distributing the deceased person’s property under the valid will. A surrogate court decides the validity of a testator’s will. A probate interprets the instructions of the deceased, decides the executor as the personal representative of the estate, and adjudicates the interests of heirs and other parties who may have claims against the estate.
At Dean Manson LLP Solicitors, we appreciate that wills and probates is a sensitive area of your life but being prepared will mean that you are caring for your loved ones even after the inevitable takes place. We have a team of dedicated lawyers, who specialize in this particular area of law. A confidential appointment can be booked and urgent cases shall be accommodated.
We can arrange and help with:
• preparation of wills
• inheritance tax planning
• trust creation, administration and accounting
• application for grant of probate or letters of administration
• probate & intestacy estate administration
• lasting powers of attorney (property & financial affairs)
• lasting powers of attorney (health & welfare affairs)
• court of protection applications
• deeds of variation / deeds of family arrangement
• home visits
• contentious and non-contentious probate- any other matter involving disputing an estate, will or trust.