Landlord and Tenant
Housing Law covers any dispute between a landlord and tenant. We cover most aspects of landlord and tenant work. We have acted for tenants though we also act for landlords, for both freeholders and leaseholders in long lease disputes and for parties in mortgage possession and eviction proceedings.
Below are some of the areas in housing law that we cover though we are not limited to this list. Please contact us if you would like to discuss anything on this page or otherwise:
- 1 Bringing or defending county court possession proceedings on behalf of Claimants and Defendants.
- 2 Applications to set aside possession orders or suspend warrants of possession (evictions).
- 3 Bringing claims on behalf of tenants regarding landlords’ failures to carry out repairs on a property.
- 4 Bringing claims against Defendants in breach of statutory deposit scheme.
- 5 Representing homeless applicants where an application has been rejected by the local authority.
- 6 Acting for parties involved in leasehold disputes.
- 7 Acting for leaseholders under the Collective Enfranchisement Regulations.
- 8 Bringing judicial review proceedings on decisions made by local authorities.
- 9 Providing general housing advice to either landlords or tenants.
- 10 Bringing or defending claims under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- 11 Defending mortgage possession proceedings.
- 12 Processing and defending HMO licence applications.